Sunday 5 February 2012

Great sports weekend!

This weekend is perhaps one of the best this year when it comes to big sports spectacles. Last night was dedicated to UFC 143 in Las Vegas and tonight we'll get to enjoy one of the biggest spectacles on Earth as Super Bowl XLVI will commence just after midnight.

UFC 143 was very entertaining, plenty of high powered matches with spectacular KO's. The main match of the night, between Diaz and Condit for the welterweight Interim Championship, was a real thriller and saw many opportunities unfolding for both fighters. In the end, Condit stuck to his gameplan and thus made Diaz pretty much harmless (as harmless as one of the top fighters in the whole world can be) in the octagon. Even though the match went to the judges and sparked some grumbling from fans after Condit was announced the victor, I thought that the belt went to the right man.

UFC 143 made sure that the weekend started quite nicely for me and I just hope that the game between New England Patriots and New York Giants will be as satisfactory. I expect very strong shows from both teams, although I'll be rooting for the Patriots as they have cheerleaders unlike Giants :D

The only minus for all of this is that I don't really get to sleep much due to the timezone differences between Europe and North America. Oh well, I'm no rookie when it comes to staying awake for long periods. Then again, even if I can stay awake I won't be functioning at 100% so I decided to re-schedule my next pole dancing class, which would have been tomorrow morning at 9AM. This means that I have to wait until friday before I get to spin on the pole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment